This page describes the process for the distribution and sales of European Standards (EN), Technical Specifications (CEN/TS) and Technical Reports (CEN/TR)
The following procedure applies to the CEN National Members, who are the main channel to the market for these publications, normally in the form of national implementations, and to the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre (CCMC).
1.1 The CCMC distributes the definitive text, in all available official language versions, to the CEN national members.
1.2 The publications, in either English, French or German original text, or translated into one of the other languages of the CEN Member countries, are made available:
- by the CEN National Members at national level;
- by CCMC to the European Commission and other specified European agencies and stakeholders, and NSBs and NCs of third countries and Regional Standards Organizations.
1.3 The CEN National Members make the CEN publications available in the following way for the respective publications:
1.3.1 For ENs, each CEN National Member announces availability and EITHER:
- Publishes and sells a national standard which either:
a) adopts the identical text of the EN in one of the official languages, or
b) is a translation of the EN,
- Endorses the EN either by publishing an endorsement sheet or by announcing the EN in the national member's official journal. In both cases, advises on sources of supply.
1.3.2 For CEN/TSs, each CEN National Member announces availability and EITHER:
- Publishes and sells a national publication equivalent to a CEN/TS which either:
a) includes the identical text of the CEN/TS in one of the official languages, or
b) is a translation of the CEN/TS, or
c) comprises an endorsement sheet which may or may not be accompanied by the relevant CEN/TS,
- Makes the CEN/TS available without national endorsement,
- Advises on sources of supply if:
a) the CEN/TS is not distributed with the endorsement sheet or
b) the endorsement as an equivalent national publication has been carried out by announcement in the member's official journal, or
c) the CEN/TS has not been endorsed.
1.3.3 For CEN/TRs, it is left to the discretion of the CEN National Members to announce availability and it is also left to their discretion to either:
- Publish and sell a national publication equivalent to a CEN/TR which either:
a) includes the identical text of the CEN/TR in one of the official languages, or
b) is a translation of the CEN/TR
- Make the CEN/TR available as received from CCMC
- Advise on sources of supply.
1.4 The CEN national members sell the publications according to their own sales policies and processes and in accordance with CEN-CENELEC Guide 10.